I need help to read my grand-parent's 'atto di nascita'. See a piece of it in the attached image.

Following is what I can understand. Please help me with '...' (maybe the last part is his parents address)

Lucia Serra di anni trentotto .... domiciliata in Spezzano e de ... Giovanni Caliò di anni ... muratore domiciliato in Spezzano ......... propria casa.

Thank youenter image description here

Welcome to Italian.SE! I am a bit unsure this question is on-topic: on one hand, answering it without knowledge of the Italian language is basically impossible, on the other it is not really about Italian, more towards intepreting the handwriting. On the third hand, handwriting can be language-dependent so... I have provisionally answered it but I'd welcome input from the community – Denis Nardin Jun 27 '19 at 8:06
    @DenisNardin My heart would love for this question to be on-topic. Should we not however consider the fact that the answer is not all generalizable (which is a property normally sought after on SE communities)? – Easymode44 Jun 27 '19 at 11:38

This is my best shot (what a peculiar handwriting!):

[lo stesso è nato] Da Lucia Serra di anni trentotto, filatrice, domiciliata in Spezzano e da suo marito Giovanni Caliò di anni trentasei, muratore, domiciliato in Spezzano, nel dì ventisei detto mese ed anno alle ore due di notte nella propria casa.

Which translated roughly as

[said person was born] from Lucia Serra, thirty-eight years old, spinner, resident in Spezzano and from her husband Giovanni Caliò, thirty-six years old, bricklayer, resident in Spezzano, on the twenty-sixth of the aforementioned month and year at two o'clock in the morning in their own house.

| improve this answer | |
  • You must have some sort of superpower! – Easymode44 Jun 27 '19 at 9:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.