"The pasta meeting" in Italian would be "L'Incontro Pasta". I am aware of the fact that adjectives should come last, e.g., "la pasta verde". But why do we say "L'Incontro Pasta" instead of "la pasta incontro"? Or maybe we could say "L'Incontro di Pasta"?

As all translation questions, this should come with more context. What is it that you want to say exactly? Is this a conference of pasta producers? The name of a restaurant? The nickname of a rendezvous between an Italian politician and a local one? A physical object called "meeting" somehow made out of dough? Maybe these biscuits? – Federico Poloni Nov 10 '19 at 17:46
    I agree with @FedericoPoloni: in the way it's stated now, we can't understand your question. – Charo Nov 10 '19 at 20:37
    «"The pasta meeting" in Italian would be "L'Incontro Pasta".» Actually, it wouldn't. Not only it is not good Italian; it's unfathomable what it should mean. – DaG Nov 10 '19 at 20:46
    It is the name of a restaurant. – Hank Nov 11 '19 at 11:46

If it's the name of the resturant, I'm not sure it is translatable while still meaning the same thing. Literally it should be "L'incontro della pasta".

| improve this answer | |
    mining = meaning? – DaG Nov 11 '19 at 13:14
  • yeah... sorry. It happens when you write in two different languages. It's not an excuse anyway.. – TommySimo Nov 12 '19 at 11:08
  • It could also be translated as Incontro di pasta. – kiamlaluno Nov 14 '19 at 9:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.