I am reading a novel and cannot find the meaning of this word in the dictionary. It is probably a word from the Milanese dialect : «È arrivata la stimuscetta.»

Which novel are you reading? – Hachi Aug 17 at 14:22
  • Il gioco della verità di Sveva Casati Modignani (Bice Cairati) who is a Milanese. The author used that word in another novel. I assume it’s slang. – Lise Robitaille Aug 17 at 14:26
    Welcome to Italian.SE! Can you please edit your question to add this information? – Charo Aug 17 at 14:32
    You might want add as well that the word itself is in italic in the text, meaning it's not standard Italian. – DaG Aug 17 at 15:04
    Thank you for the information and also this link on the Academia del dialetto milanese. That is one of the things I like about the author Sveva Casati Modignani is that she introduces cultural elements that refer to the history and diversity of Italian culture. I do enjoy reading novels by Domenico Starnone the same way and for similar reasons. – Lise Robitaille Aug 18 at 18:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.