Are the transformations below using pronouns correct :

Hanno imposto a noi delle regole ferree.

I am quite confident about this ->

Ci hanno imposto delle regole ferree.

Is this correct? ->

Ce n'hanno imposto.

1 Answer 1

The transformation "Ci hanno imposto delle regole ferree." is correct, the second should be:

Ce le hanno imposte.

• delle is for di + le then it should be ne and not le ?
    – kiriloff
    Mar 28, 2022 at 9:49
  • @kiriloff You are referring to the "regole ferree" mentioned above (a specific reference), so I would use "the". I would use "ne" only to indicate a quantity, for example, "Ce ne hanno imposte quattro/alcune." Mar 28, 2022 at 20:07
  • @RedWheelbarrow Actually, it's not about a quantity, but their existence. "Non dovreste rispettare regole" -> "Ce ne hanno imposte" or "Forse dovreste seguire delle regole" -> "Non ce ne hanno imposte". Mar 28, 2022 at 22:28
  • @RedWheelbarrow so arguably Ce ne hanno imposte is also correct, it just means we don't focus on which regole, just some ?
    – kiriloff
    Apr 8, 2022 at 13:25
  • @kiriloff Yes if you don' t focus, but if you already mentioned the rules is better to use "le" Apr 8, 2022 at 13:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.