I'm trying to translate some text from English to Italian for a formal document. A friend of mine living in Italy (Rome) sent me this translation but I feel is not right.

Bank Name:         Banca           
IBAN:              IBAN              
Swift Code:        Codice Swift/BIC        
Bank Address:      Indirizzo Agenzia      
Account Name:      Intestatario c/c           
Account Address:   Indirizzo                      
Reference:         Rif/Causale

I feel is a bit wrong. Googling Agenzia it seems to mean agency and I'm wondering why Account Address is translated simply as Indirizzo but Bank address Indirizzo Agenzia. Can someone who lives in Italy and knows this stuff help me with this?

As Dispaccio says, "Indirizzo Filiale" is the correct translation for Bank Address. The rest is ok. – algiogia Jan 14 '15 at 14:35
  • What does c/c stands for? Can anyone please explain? – Stupid Amigo May 3 '16 at 13:49
  • @StupidAmigo: Welcome to Italian.SE! Please use "Your Answer" box to write a real answer to the OP question. If you want to ask something, use "Ask Question". – Charo May 3 '16 at 14:21
  • @StupidAmigo in this contest c/c stands for "conto corrente" (see Josh61's answer) – edc65 May 8 '16 at 15:03

I'd translate as follows:

• Nome della Banca

• IBAN (codice identificativo della banca e del cliente)

• Codice SWIFT

• Indirizzo della Banca (Sede, Filiale o Agenzia di pertinenza)

• Intestazione del conto corrente

• Indirizzo dell'intestatario del conto corrente

• Riferimento/Causale.

Hope it helps!!

Italian banks often use "Codice BIC/SWIFT" because both acronyms represent the same thing. – Andrea Lazzarotto May 4 '16 at 17:12

You could translate "Bank Address" in a more pertinent "Indirizzo Filiale" but they are basically the same.

I agree with you regard "Account Address". I would translated it more as "Indirizzo Intestatario"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.