How can I say "I have no idea" in Italian in a very emphatic way? I think I have sometimes heard or read some idiomatic expressions, such as "non ne ho la più pallida idea", but I don't remember them.

• I have no idea ! – DavidS Feb 27 '15 at 21:04
  • Welcome to Italian.SE! Please use the "Your answer" form to add an answer to the question posted by the OP. – Charo Feb 27 '15 at 21:31
  • Welcome to Italian.SE! Your answer seems to be a comment. If you want to comment a question, you can use the "add comment" button under the question itself, once you have gained at least 50 reputation. If you have a different question, you can ask it by clicking Ask Question. You can also add a bounty to draw more attention to this question once you have enough reputation. – Stubborn Feb 28 '15 at 13:49
Non lo so
Non lo so proprio
Non ne ho idea
Non ne ho la più pallida idea

In ordine crescente di intensità

Ovviamente ne si riferisce a qualcosa che è già stato menzionato, ma immagino che tu lo sappia già. Se vuoi dire:

I have no idea what to do in this situation

Si possono usare tutti e quattro, allo stesso modo:

Non so cosa fare
Non so proprio cosa fare
Non ho idea di cosa fare 
Non ho la più pallida idea di cosa fare

Personalmente, trovo la versione con "pallida" un po' trita.

EDIT:

Bo[ooo]h!

come discusso qui.

Anche "non (ne) ho la minima idea". – persson Feb 27 '15 at 7:57
    O “non saprei (proprio)”. – DaG Feb 27 '15 at 8:19
    Anche "Chissà!" – Federico Poloni Mar 9 '15 at 20:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.