And what if "Stars" is a group's name? Can "viaggi di stelle" also mean "Stars' journeys"?

I am working on a title for an article I write. Thank you for your help.

Could you give us a bit more information about this article? Maybe we can help you better if we get a bit of context. Also, Welcome to Italian.SE! – laureapresa Apr 22 '15 at 19:21
    Welcome to Italian.SE! What do you mean with "a group's name"? – Charo Apr 22 '15 at 19:22
    Welcome to Italian.SE from me too. :-) If by “Stars’ journeys” you mean something along the line of “Star wars”, it can be better translated as “Viaggi stellari” or “Viaggi tra le stelle” — the latter being the clearest option, in my view. – Ferdinand Bardamu Apr 22 '15 at 20:35
    @FerdinandBardamu +1 for "Viaggi tra le stelle". To the OP, it's something like "Journeys through the stars". Is that the meaning you wanted to give? – laureapresa Apr 23 '15 at 6:30

Litterally journey of the stars corresponds to i viaggi delle stelle. As a title of an article it sounds a bit poetic or fantastic. In a more scientific context you would probably say traiettoria delle stelle o movimento delle stelle.

• Thanks everyone. I am writing a story about road adventures of a duet band named Stelle. (I'm sorry I confused it with the word "article" before). Iknow it's the Italian for "stars", and think rather than putting "the journeys of Stelle" as the title, it'd be more interesting (and romantic) if I write it in Italian and explain about the meaning in the introduction. Josh61's answer sounds right to me. But may I ask a bit more explanation on why adding "i" in "i viaggi"? Thank you so much for your help! – stelle Apr 24 '15 at 5:13
    In Italian, unlike in English, we usually use the definite (or an indefinite) article before a noun even though we are referring to a generic context. Being a title, though, I think you can use whatever expression you may prefer. – Gio Apr 24 '15 at 5:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.