I am looking for a term to indicate Italian words that contain exactly the 5 vowels (A,E,I,O,U), each one exactly once. The number of consonants is not important. What is the term for these words?

Example: aiuole.

  • 4
    Check this out.
    – mrnld
    Jan 31, 2016 at 21:40
  • 3
    Also it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panvocalismo Jan 31, 2016 at 21:41
  • 5
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it can be solved with a straightforward search online (or with a one-line script on a dictionary file).
    – DaG
    Jan 31, 2016 at 22:34
  • 2
    @MWijnand: It is straightforward if you searched in Italian, probably that’s a tad difficult if you just started learning the language. That said, with just a bit more googling for the same stuff in English you would have found the term for it: panvowel... a translation and search of the term in Italian leads you to whole lists of words... that’s why the question is on hold. You still have the answer in the comments but it would be nice if you edited your question so it would fit the rules since now you know enough to do so. (so they can keep the question) Feb 2, 2016 at 20:12
  • 1
    In the way it is stated now, I think that the question can be reopened.
    – Charo
    Feb 3, 2016 at 19:17

1 Answer 1


Il panvocalismo.

(answered by Paolo Franchi)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.