I am looking for a term to indicate Italian words that contain exactly the 5 vowels (A,E,I,O,U), each one exactly once. The number of consonants is not important. What is the term for these words?

Example: aiuole.

Check this out. – mrnld Jan 31 '16 at 21:40
    Also it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panvocalismo – Paolo Franchi Jan 31 '16 at 21:41
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it can be solved with a straightforward search online (or with a one-line script on a dictionary file). – DaG Jan 31 '16 at 22:34
    @MWijnand: It is straightforward if you searched in Italian, probably that’s a tad difficult if you just started learning the language. That said, with just a bit more googling for the same stuff in English you would have found the term for it: panvowel... a translation and search of the term in Italian leads you to whole lists of words... that’s why the question is on hold. You still have the answer in the comments but it would be nice if you edited your question so it would fit the rules since now you know enough to do so. (so they can keep the question) – Erik vanDoren Feb 2 '16 at 20:12
    In the way it is stated now, I think that the question can be reopened. – Charo Feb 3 '16 at 19:17

Il panvocalismo.

(answered by Paolo Franchi)

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.