I always want to say the phrase like "Good luck" or "More power to you" when I'm leaving from some workplace where there are some workers who are still working or when I'm leaving but my friends still are studying. I'm searching - maybe it's because of my country of origin.

Because in Turkish we say "Kolay gelsin" which can be translated into English as "May it be easy" and I've never found this kind of phrase in any Latin languages.

Thank you

• Welcome to Italian.SE, @Mertcan!
    – Charo
    Feb 12, 2016 at 17:26
    Related question (maybe a duplicate?): italian.stackexchange.com/q/3838.
    – Charo
    Feb 12, 2016 at 17:27
  • Half a question is a duplicate but the other half isn't because of that "more power to you" bit. Which could be like saying "good for you" (buon per te). I don't even think it has the same intent of "good luck" since its a bit like saying "well done, you did it!" (you are going at home and we are still here). For the turkish expression we have "che Dio ce la mandi buona" ma non so quanto possa essere diffusa una versione con "TE la mandi" Feb 12, 2016 at 18:19
  • Grazie per buona risposta @Erik vanDoren :)
    – blodrayne
    Feb 12, 2016 at 21:22
  • Ojalá would be the equivalent for me in Spanish
    – dacabdi
    Jun 1, 2016 at 11:46

1 Answer 1

As noted in the comments Good luck is usually said Buona fortuna! or In bocca al lupo! (the latter similar to the English Break a leg!). However in the context of the question, if I'm leaving when people are still working I'd say

Buon lavoro!

(lit. Have a good work!) or

Buono studio!

In the case of people studying.

• More power to you sounds a stronger way of saying. I am not sure there a similar way of saying in Italian.
    – mario
    Feb 16, 2016 at 20:31
  • @mario I agree. This translation is based on the context given in the OP and the Turkish sentence it wanted to emulate (May it be easy). I've never heard More power to you used in such circumstances.
    – Denis Nardin
    Feb 16, 2016 at 20:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.