I need to translate "date from / date to" to Italian in a report (see picture).
Is it correct to translate "date from / date to" as "Data di / Data da" ?
Or is it rather "Data da / Data a" ?
Or would you rather use "a partire da / entro", or something else ?

What about the most natural solution, a simple “da / a”? Or is it important to spell out that it is a date to be inserted (as opposed to an hour or a month, say)? – DaG Mar 30 '16 at 8:31
    @DaG 5: Interesting, yes, sounds more natural. No, it's not important to spell out in this case, so shorter is definitely better ;) – Stefan Steiger Mar 30 '16 at 8:38
  • Welcome to Italian.SE! – Charo Mar 30 '16 at 8:51
    I agree, "da/a" is a good solution. Otherwise you could write "inizio/fine" . – user56153 Mar 30 '16 at 8:53

In your case I think is better to write: "Da Data:" and "a Data:". I'm Italian :D

| improve this answer | |
  • Interesting, word sequence reversed ;) I think just da/a would do nicely. – Stefan Steiger Mar 30 '16 at 12:43
  • Yes is a nice idea too. But you write : "datum von,date de,date from", you need,i think,to use "da data" like this (datum von,date de,date from,da data). but is your application and you know what is better for you :) – Moonfred Mar 30 '16 at 12:59
  • I concur, and I actually did that, albeit for consistency reasons only. Though it would have been smarter to just omit datum/date/data everywhere, because that uses less room in the column titles, which can create a free-space-problem (not in this example). – Stefan Steiger Mar 30 '16 at 15:08
  • I agree. Actually, I would have used "Dal/Al", which is the most common combination when referring to dates. – Markon Mar 31 '16 at 15:08

"Date from" as you can see from the online dictionary Word reference can be translated with risalire a whereas "date to" with datare.

For more examples I suggest you to look at it here http://www.wordreference.com/enit/date

| improve this answer | |
    Risalire a is clearly not what was meant in the question (the OP just wanted a label for an input form) – Denis Nardin Mar 30 '16 at 12:55
  • @Denis Nardin: I figured as much all on my own. – Stefan Steiger Mar 30 '16 at 15:05
  • @StefanSteiger I imagined you did, but I like to give explanations when I downvote. Moreover this answers are kept for future reference, so it's better to be clearer. – Denis Nardin Mar 30 '16 at 15:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.