I'm looking to extend my vocabulary with Anki, so I'm on the hunt for vocabulary lists. I'm looking for something that is:

• Thematically grouped (so context reduces ambiguity of meaning, e.g. tempo can mean time or weather)
  • Includes IPA notation (I find it easier to remember and use words if I'm sure of the syllable stress and pronunciation. This also means that I don't have to run to the dictionary to double-check every other word)
  • Available in eBook/electronic format (to make it easier to import into Anki without manually typing out 5000+ words)

I found some via Amazon that ticked these three boxes, published by T&P, however they were riddled with mistakes. Does anyone know of a good quality resource that fulfills the above criteria?

• you're probably not finding anything with IPA notation, my suggestion is to learn italian spelling as it's regular although a bit convoluted (less than English), the stresses can be found by looking up the words in any dictionary (the accents indicate them). That may make your search more easy.
    – Formagella
    Commented Aug 29, 2016 at 14:54
    Yep, Italian spelling is mostly regular, but there are enough ambiguities (syllable stress, voiced vs. unvoiced z, etc) to make running to a dictionary every few minutes a real hassle (believe me, I've tried). Thanks anyway though!
    – Scoiattolo
    Commented Sep 2, 2016 at 12:35
  • Would a dictionary from German to Italian with all the characteristics you mentioned work as well?
    – Easymode44
    Commented Nov 16, 2022 at 17:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.