The both carry the same meaning: "Excuse Me". But there has to be a difference in their usage.

Please answer in English.

There are no difference, you can just choose the one that sounds better. "Scusami" literally means "excuse me" and "scusa" means "excuse", but "me" is implied anyway (at least when "scusa" is used as an imperative verb; it can also be a noun, and that is a wholly different thing). Both can be used both as "sorry" and "excuse me". Both are informal.

More or less the difference that there is between "sorry" an "excuse me". The both convey the same meaning and they are informal in usage.

• So how to express formal apology in Italian. What is the relevant word or expression? – Muhammad Maqsoodur Rehman Jul 21 '16 at 8:52
    @MuhammadMaqsoodurRehman - It depends on what you mean by formal and if it is in spoken or written form. "Porgo le mie scuse" is a written formal expression. – Gio Jul 21 '16 at 8:55
    Some more intermediate expressions are "Mi scusi", "Chiedo scusa" and "Le chiedo scusa". – Giovanni Mascellani Jul 21 '16 at 8:56

Exactly the difference that there is between "excuse" and "excuse me". Very few!

Welcome! I'm not sure “excuse” alone is grammatical in English. “Very few” should be “very small”. Besides, this is already covered in other answers. – egreg Jul 23 '16 at 5:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.