What would you call "reflector post" in Italian? It is a thing made of plastic material that can be found next to roads every given distance.

Image: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/reflector-post-side-street-64779193.jpg

Suggestion: posta riflettore.

Thank you.

  • Your “suggestions” are not always terribly useful... :-) (“Posta riflettore” doesn't mean anything, but if it did, it would seem something like “spotlight mail”, whatever that might be.)
    – DaG
    Nov 19, 2016 at 18:36
  • 2
    In this context, post corresponds to palo or paletto.
    – egreg
    Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39
  • 3
    There is also the term "paracarro" it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracarro.
    – CasaMich
    Nov 20, 2016 at 15:25

1 Answer 1


The technical term is "delineatori di margine", but that's quite obscure even for an Italian, unless they are traffic code expert. Personally I would call them "paletti catarifrangenti" in everyday speech.

  • 1
    O anche solo catarifrangenti
    – N74
    Nov 26, 2016 at 17:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.