Ciao a tutti!

Stavo guardando un video, che potete trovare a questo link, in cui viene utilizzata l'espressione "in diretta streaming". Mi sarei aspettato, però, che ci fosse una parola italiana per "streaming". Ne esiste una?

Just so that people do not have to follow the link, the sentence pronounced in the video is ci sarà un collegamento in diretta streaming [sul sito del Fatto Quotidiano], which loosely translates as there will be a live stream [on the Fatto Quotidiano website]. – Denis Nardin Nov 26 '16 at 18:12
    I think no one is criticizing your Italian. As you can see here I've always encouraged people learning Italian trying to write their questions in Italian. What @DaG is saying is that some of your sentences are sometimes difficult to understand and then it may be useful you give some explanation in English (in a comment, if you want). – Charo Nov 26 '16 at 19:55
    With your sentence "ha indicato una parola in diretta streaming" you are trying to say that, in the video, you have heard some word that you haven't understood very well followed by the expression "in diretta streaming"? – Charo Nov 26 '16 at 20:05
    La parola "streaming" viene indicata come neologismo dall'Osservatorio della lingua italiana Treccani. – Charo Nov 26 '16 at 20:18
    @Farzad64 It is still not clear what you prefer we do to help you improve your question: you do not want us to edit it directly, but you also feel offended when pointed out mistakes. Could you clarify what you think we should do? – Denis Nardin Nov 26 '16 at 22:08

Nell'ambito delle nuove tecnologie sono molto frequenti in italiano i neologismi di origine inglese. Come indicato dall'Osservatorio della lingua italiana Treccani, il termine "streaming" è appunto uno di questi neologismi. L'espressione "live streaming" si può tradurre in italiano come hai sentito nel video, "in diretta streaming" (che è però una locuzione avverbiale), oppure come "streaming in diretta" (questa sì usata come un nome).

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.