I'm a translator and I've to translate a contract from Italian to Spanish.

This is the context:

"Per quanto concerne le utenze di acqua, luce, gas, telefono e quant'altro risulti necessario allo svolgimento dell'attività da parte del conduttore, quest'ultimo provvederà far domanda di allacciamento indipendente o, d'intesa con il locatore [...]"

Does anyone know what does it mean?

Thank you! Maria Sanchez

• For a more complete understanding I think you should add also the following paragraph. – Gio Feb 26 '17 at 12:07

I am not a technician, but I believe that indipendente refers to the whole domanda d'allacciamento (that is, a request that the water, or power, or... company connects the house to its network) and is opposed to d'intesa con il locatore. In other words, the tenant may either connect to water etc. independently, on his own, or together with the landlord.

To the best of my (very limited) understanding an allacciamento indipendente is when you have a connection to the water/power/etc. network that is independent of those of the other flats/shops in the same building (probably because when the original building was made, it wasn't predisposed for a centralized system). – Denis Nardin Feb 26 '17 at 15:08
  • My opinion is that "indipendente" (independent) does not refer to the request, but to the connection itself, so I tend to agree to the previous comment by @DenisNardin . – Riccardo De Contardi Feb 26 '17 at 16:30
  • It may well be, @DenisNardin and Riccardo, hence my disclaimer that I an nota technician etc. That is what I'd have gathered by reading the text in Italian, but I may be wrong. It would be perfect if someone would find a contract model or a description of the services of some company including this phrase. – DaG Feb 26 '17 at 17:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.