The meaning of this term remains obscure to me. Intuitively I choose between

• a registration fee;

• a standard payment;

• a fixed tax payment

and those meanings given by the linguee.it:

• a registration charge;

• a registration duty.

Sometimes the term seems having a broad meaning, while at the other moments it is likely being specific.

So, is it a variable amount or is it a fixed payment? Is it applied under different cirumstances or under the same ones?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

This is a very technical question. You need to understand some Italian to read its definition. Anyway the tax is due when you want or have to register a document to make it official. Circumstances may vary according to the nature of the document ( a private contract, a public contract, etc.). The amount may be fixed or vary according to the amount of the contract. It is a question of fiscal nature which cannot be summarised in a few lines, but I hope this helps:

Imposta di registro:

• L'imposta di registro è un tributo previsto dall'ordinamento della Repubblica italiana dovuto per la registrazione di determinati atti giuridici presso l'Agenzia delle Entrate (prima dell'unificazione degli uffici fiscali la registrazione era effettuata presso l'Ufficio del Registro).

• Si presenta come tributo avente natura di tassa, quando è correlata all'erogazione di un servizio da parte della pubblica amministrazione, di imposta quando è determinata in proporzione al valore economico dell'atto o del negozio.

• Essa è regolata dal Testo unico dell'imposta di registro, approvato con D.P.R. 26 aprile 1986, n. 131.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.