Let's say after an intro paragraph I want to start another paragraph with an unrelated news subject in my life (but it is a formal email) and I want to say "In another news" and I suspect "Entre altre notizie" would not make sense, so how would I say it properly? Or is there a common phrase with a similar meaning (even google.it is not being helpful)?

Question number 2: Does "Cari colleghi" in the beginning of the email also make sense to a native speaker? Grazie mille!

Welcome to Italian.SE! – Charo Sep 11 '17 at 7:19
  • context.reverso.net/traduzione/inglese-italiano/in+other+news This could be usefull – DPaselli Sep 11 '17 at 15:26
  • Indeed, “reverso context” is very useful, if one prefers a computer-generated array of randomly chosen translations, rather than understanding what means what. – DaG Sep 11 '17 at 17:36
  • Passando ad altro, is a good one, see some examples here examples passando ad altro from Italian to English. – Antonio Matarrese Sep 12 '17 at 10:37
    @AntonioMatarrese: A parte che questo è più un commento alla risposta esistente che una vera risposta, il link è a un sito generato automaticamente con spezzoni di traduzioni la cui affidabilità non è chiara, come per il già menzionato “reverso context”. – DaG Sep 12 '17 at 10:42

Unfortunately Entre altre notizie has no meaning in Italian. If you mean In other news you could translate it with cambiando argomento or passando ad altro.

The expression cari colleghi is fine at the beginning of a letter, corresponding to "dear colleagues".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.