When wrapping up an application in English, I like to conclude with the sentence "Thank you for considering my application".

I am now writing a Masters application to an Italian University, and I would like to do something similar.

Is there a standard turn of phrase in Italian corresponding to the English "Thank you for considering my application"?

Welcome on ItalianSE! – abarisone Feb 27 '18 at 12:08
    @DaG Translation requests are indeed off-topic, but I think this question could be easily rephrased as asking for a customary formula in Italian correspondence, which should be perfectly on topic. – Denis Nardin Feb 27 '18 at 13:28
    @DaG The main difference for me is that those expressions are highly ritualized and so it is more "find a good Italian equivalent for this word" than "translate this paragraph", I (perhaps mistakenly) believed that the second case was off topic, not so the first. – Denis Nardin Feb 27 '18 at 13:53
    A generic common courtesy phrase could be "La ringrazio per la cortese attenzione". In this specific case maybe: "La ringrazio per la cortese attenzione nei riguardi della mia candidatura" – Riccardo De Contardi Feb 27 '18 at 14:00

A generic common courtesy phrase that could be added as conclusion could be

"La ringrazio per la cortese attenzione."

In this specific case I think I would write:

"La ringrazio per la cortese attenzione nei riguardi della mia candidatura."

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.